The American House Senior Living Foundation
For more than 30 years, American House has been an advocate for the elderly in their own communities, but in 2007, the founding family wanted to reach beyond their own borders to support seniors in need outside the safety and care of American House communities.
Many older adults in the Detroit area are suffering needlessly. They are left alone and forced to choose between food and heat, medication and housing. These are choices no one should have to make, especially in later life. The American House Foundation was created by American House, in partnership with the Institute of Gerontology at Wayne State University, to help put an end to these significant aging issues.
Gifts that are generously donated to the American House Foundation will provide hope and preserve the dignity of older adults enduring hardship. 70% of gifts received by the American House Foundation will go directly to helping seniors today. 30% of gifts received by the American House Foundation will fund research for a better tomorrow.
To learn more, please go to the American House Foundation website.
American House Foundation Upcoming Events
The Celebration of Dignity and Hope made over $101,000 this year! Thank you for all of your support and helping to make this year's event such a huge success!
American House Foundation News and Press Releases
- Trees glow with gifts for needy seniors
- American House Foundation Raises $50,000 in Four Weeks
- American House Foundation Newsletter
- American House Launches New Foundation to Help Support Detroit's Elderly - Mature Advisor
- American House Setting the Standard for Devotion to Senior Issues
- American House Foundation - Wounded Man Walking
- American House Partners with Lighthouse to Provide Holiday Hope for Area Seniors
Check our more news here.
American House Foundation Board Members:
- Bob Gillette
- Rob Gillette
- Dr. Peter Lichtenberg
- Gloria Hicks Long
- Ruth Loprete
- Lois Silveri
- Fran Marable
- Dale Watchowski