Ongoing List of Actions Taken To-Date:
Residents and Families:
- Began to roll out vaccine clinics in our communities beginning in early January for residents and staff. Please refer to our Vaccination Timeline chart, for dates at your nearest location.
- Distributed letters to residents/families around measures we are/have been taking to combat the illness, as well as safety precautions we are implementing at our communities.
- Posted CDC recommended literature at our communities.
- Posted signage at our community entrances limiting visitors to immediate family members (for visits that are medically necessary, or for residents on Hospice), essential care providers and emergency personnel.
- Implemented screening for all visitors and staff before entering the building.
- Discontinued all activities and communal dining until further notice.
- Conducting on-going assessments to make sure we have no residents who are symptomatic.
- Created a corporate-level COVID-19 internal response team, which meets regularly.
- Focused on prevention and added safety measures.
- Requiring all employees to wear face masks at all times.
- Screening staff prior to, and at the end of, every shift.
- Initiated additional trainings and in-services to frontline staff on preventive measures (e.g., regular hand washing, coughing into a tissue) and precautions (e.g., regularly cleaning common area surfaces).
- Monitoring staff for symptoms.
- Enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures and protocols related to COVID-19.
- Participating regularly in national health organization webinars and conference calls regarding COVID-19.
- Monitoring the CDC website for daily updates.
- Partnering with third-party, on-site health care providers and on-site physicians for prevention strategies and protocols.